Employment Wage Subsidy Scheme (EWSS) – Main Points for Employers
Main Points For Employers
Tax clearance from Revenue in order to be eligible for the scheme.
Employers can check their current tax clearance status through Revenus Online Service (ROS).
Application can be made online and assessed in real time through the ROS e Tax clearance service.
To qualify for the scheme, as well as having tax clearance, employers must be able to demonstrate that:
- their business will experience a 30% reduction in turnover or customer orders between 1 July and 31 December 2020
- this disruption is caused by Covid-19.
The comparison to prove the reduction in turnover or customer orders is performed relative to:
- the same period in 2019 where the business was in existence prior to 1 July 2019
- the date of commencement to 31 December 2019
- where a business commenced after 1 November 2019, the projected turnover or customer orders.
Employers are required to undertake a review on the last day of every month to ensure they continue to meet the eligibility criteria. If they no longer qualify, they should de-register for EWSS with effect from the following day (first day of the following month).